The purpose of the UAW-LUPA Excellence in Websites Contest is to recognize UAW local unions that have achieved outstanding labor journalism using local union websites. It is also a way to recognize and applaud the hard work of local union webmasters.
Entries must include a PDF of the following:
- A statement of purpose (or mission statement) for the local union site.
- A brief description of why the site was developed and whether it was developed by local union members or an outside vendor.
- The frequency of site updates.
- The number of people who work on the site or provide content for it.
- The date (month/year) the site launched.
Entries must be:
- An approved UAW local union site.
- A live site.
Enter no more than three (3), not including General Excellence.
|(1) General Excellence — Site will be judged on content, design and structure, including ease of navigation and use.(2) Best Original News Article or Editorial — News article or editorial focusing on a local union. Must have been posted in 2011.(3) Best Workplace Coverage — Original coverage of an organizing campaign, contract bargaining or resolution of a workplace issue. Must have been posted in 2011.
(4) Best Use of Original Photos or Graphics — Original photographs taken by a UAW member, or original cartoons, graphics or digital illustrations created for your local website. Include caption and identify photographer and/or artist. Must have been posted in 2011.
|(5) Best Political Coverage — Article focusing on legislation, a candidate or public policy issue. Must have been posted in 2011.(6) Best Web Content — Photo album, interactive feature or form-based content. Must have been posted in 2011.
(7) Best YouTube Video — Video produced and created by local UAW member(s) posted on YouTube in 2011 to educate members and community on a topic related to working families. Include a brief description of the video, the producer(s) name(s), the YouTube URL, the video’s title and the date it was posted. Videos judged on production quality and effectiveness of presentation.
Uploaded documents must be named the following way:
CategoryNumber_DocumentNumber (1, 2, 3 depending on how many documents you’re uploading for that category)_LastName_LocalNumber(or _Region).
Example: Cat2_Doc1_Smith_678.pdf or (.doc, .docx)
Note: If you have more than 5 files to upload on your contest submission, click Send once when you’re ready to submit your first 5 files loaded onto this page. Once they’re sent, this page will reappear with blank upload boxes ready for uploading your next set of files.
ENTER THE WEBSITE CONTEST BY CLICKING HERE