Social Media Contest
The purpose of the UAW-LUPA Excellence in Social Media Contest is to recognize UAW local unions that have achieved outstanding UAW communication and networking using a Facebook page, blog, Twitter or E-blasts.
Entries must include a PDF the following:
- A statement of purpose (or mission statement) for the social media used.
- A brief description of why the social media tool was developed and whether it was developed by local union members or an outside vendor.
- The frequency of site updates, postings or E-blasts.
- The name(s) of people who administer or work on the page, blog, Twitter account or e-blasts.
- The date (month/year) the page, blog, Twitter account or E-blasts was started.
Entries must be:
- Social media approved by the local union.
- A live page, blog, Twitter account or E-blast.
(1) Best Use of a Facebook page – Page should effectively promote the local’s labor activism using regular, multiple posts and adequate monitoring.
(2) Best Use of a Blog – Blog should promote the local’s labor activism and include timely, original content and regular links to articles and video from other sites.
(3) Best Use of a Twitter account – Account should promote the local’s labor activism through multiple, regular tweets leading users to additional information on a timely basis.
(4) Best Use of E-blasts – E-blasts should create regular contact with members through use of an e-mail list designed to get members to take specific action on a labor or related issue.
Uploaded documents must be named the following way:
CategoryNumber_DocumentNumber (1, 2, 3 depending on how many documents you’re uploading for that category)_LastName_LocalNumber(or _Region).
Example: Cat2_Doc1_Smith_678.pdf or (.doc, .docx)
Note: If you have more than 5 files to upload on your contest submission, click Send once when you’re ready to submit your first 5 files loaded onto this page. Once they’re sent, this page will reappear with blank upload boxes ready for uploading your next set of files.
ENTER SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST BY CLICKING HERE