Friday, March 15, 2019 Sunday, March 31, 2019 (Deadline has been extended)
- All entries must be submitted online at uawlucacontest.org between March 1, 2019 and March 15, 2019.
- No more than a total of six (6) entries allowed per local, region or retiree unit, for 2017 entries, not including the “Pops” Nudi Spirit Awards.
- No more than a total of six (6) entries allowed per local, region or retiree unit, for 2018 entries, not including the “Pops” Nudi Spirit Awards.
- All entries must be originally produced by your local for your members.
- All entries must have been produced and distributed, published or posted between January 1 and December 31, 2017 for 2017 entries and between January 1 and December 31, 2018 for 2018 entries.
- No hard copy entries will be accepted.
Note: Before you submit entries, you have to create an account within the contest software. You will be prompted to do this after you click “Enter Contest” on one of the contests below.
“POPS” NUDI SPIRIT AWARDS
To honor UAW members who mentor, share with and inspire local members behind the scenes
There are so many unsung heroes among the talented UAW-LUCA members who don’t necessarily produce communications content like articles, photos, videos or social media. This is your opportunity for celebration and to honor your union brother’s or sister’s dedication and contributions to the labor union movement, either by producing content or by inspiring those who do. Nominate the UAW-LUCA member for one of these “Pops” Nudi Spirit Awards. Submit a statement explaining why the nominee deserves the honor. Include your name, contact number, local union contact information, local president’s name and contact number.
These awards are named after the late Alfred H. “Pops” Nudi, and are given to local union members who have shown tireless dedication and union spirit. whether by producing local communications or inspiring their local communicators.